Friday, September 14, 2012

Just logging

I have been planning on writing up a blog post for months which would provide an update on what's been happening but I'll save that for another day. To force myself to get started I thought I would start with just logging my daily exercise until i've rediscovered the blogging habit.

My running has been up and down since I finished my first and perhaps only Ironman. Since the Ironman I have also changed jobs and moved interstate. The new job takes in almost twice the work hours that I was previously putting in which eats up nearly all available training hours and my fitness has taken a dive.

I've run a few races in my new state which have provided some friendly competition amongst my work colleagues and as a team we even managed to win the male category in the four race corporate running series. My last race was the big state 10km road race and with a strained hamstring sustained two weeks prior I considered not doing it. The free corporate entry and elite start made me decide to just do it for the experience. Finishing in 39 minutes while not what I would have hoped for several months prior I was happy to finish so that I could start work on fixing up my hamstring issues.

Training:

Friday (pm): easy 7.2km in 30:54


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I have a quick question about your blog. Could you please email me?
Thanks!
- Jim

jimr@gymsource.net

Day 2: Early start

After discovering that my wife's bike had been stolen from the bus stop where I had chained it up for my ride home last night meant that...